AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seedstar 2 Acreage off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jirod
Posted 5/5/2010 23:31 (#1187269 - in reply to #1187219)
Subject: Re: Seedstar 2 Acreage off

Ogema, MN
I had the same thing happen quit one night everything fine. The next morning started planting and all of the numbers 1,2,hrs, and the non resetable one were at zero but the swathpro number held. I adjusted 1 and 2 to what swathpro said. Planted about 50 acres went to fill shut off tractor and filled started planting and looked at numbers to see if they were correct. While filling I planted about 300 million acres plus or minus 20 million. called the dealer he said to shut off tractor unplug gs2 and planter. I did all that then started it back up and reset 1 and 2. Kept planting all seems to work fine except that the acre is still at 300 million acres after an hour or so the hour meter went back to 90 hours I think. It seems to be keeping track of the acres right on 1 and 2 now and the hours are back to a believable number but the total acre number is still at 300 million. I then called another dealer I work with and he said he would talk to deere on it havn't heard back. The only problem is that that non-resetable number is what they use to value the planter. The good thing about 2 million acres or 300 million acres is that it is unbelievable and people will know it isn't right. The problem is how do you prove it is a low acre excellent shape planter. Not sure if new wedge boxes would zero out the number or if it is stored somewhere else in the system. If your dealer finds anything out post on here and I will watch for it and I will do the same.

Edited by jirod 5/5/2010 23:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)