AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why can't JD 2600 do what 20/20 seedsense does?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/11/2010 18:31 (#1115737 - in reply to #1115595)
Subject: Re: Why can't JD 2600 do what 20/20 seedsense does?

I don't think that there is any reason the 2600 shouldn't be able to do the same thing that the 20/20 does. The 2600 would have a little bit of a disadvantage in that there is so much information the 20/20 displays about your planter, it may be hard to display all of that in addition to everything else the 2600 already does.

That being said, this is just the way things are. One company is innovative and then 10 years later, other companies start catching up when their customers finally get frustrated that they can't get it from anyone but the first company. It will probably take awhile, but I would imagine John Deere will someday be able to do what the 20/20 can do now, or at least close to it.

As far as the seed tube sensors are concerned, I hear Precision Planting is coming out with a new sensor that is supposed to eliminate the problem associated with dust blowing up the tubes causing false indications of population. Prototypes will be out this year. I hope to have a few but we'll see.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)