AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reliability of electronic sending units for pressure sensing of sprayer booms?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

waterbottle
Posted 3/13/2010 02:55 (#1118035 - in reply to #1113585)
Subject: Re: Reliability of electronic sending units for pressure sensing of sprayer booms?

South Australia
I see VDO make a 400 psi pressure sender.
Page 4
http://www.adelaideinstruments.com.au/uploads/vdo_automotive.pdf

The gauge saver i purchased last month is a special topcon (KEE) one. The description is 1/4 BSP 1/8 NPT SS Gauge saver. This screwed straight into a banjo pressure sensor outlet. The top is a standard oil pressure sender size and thread (apparently most oil senders have the same thread size), yours may be different.

Also i would be checking with agleader to see how much pressure the sensor can actually sense. KEE use a 0-5 bar sensor (0-72 psi).

On another note i purchased a gauge saver and pressure sensor through KEE once and it cost me AU$450. I went to the effort of sourcing the parts myself this time (pressure sensor was the hard bit as they all look the same and don't have specific part numbers) the gauge saver cost me AU$128 and the sensor au$80. Not a bad mark up for screwing to parts together.

The time zones are pretty stupid. We have Day Light Saving in Australia where we move our clocks forward in the summer and back in the winter. (so we're not getting up in the dark and going to bed with the sun still up) Problem is australia is split into 8 states and territories and each state has a different idea on when day light saving should start and end or whether we should have it at all. Hence in Western Australia (which has no day light saving) the time is currently 4pm whilst Melbourne (eastern australia) the time is 7pm. Then go north of Melbourne to Queensland which also doesn't have day light saving its 6pm. The whole setup it a big mess and state governments should be scrapped and the federal government should run the lot. But anyway :(
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)