AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven NH3 valve ????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/10/2010 10:49 (#1113667 - in reply to #1113564)
Subject: Re: Raven NH3 valve ????

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have used an ON/OFF valve from KZ for many yearsas my NH3 shut ON/OFF valve. This style uses the Jamesbury base with KZ's motor. I have never had a mositure problem with this setup like I've seen in others from other manufacturers.

I also like the KZ valve since it has a large metal arm that moves as the valve is cycled ON/OFF. This is very handy for a preseason check or anytime you have any doubts about the valve being open. Minnesota has gotten tougher of late and wants a visual indicator on the valve itself so someone can tell if it is Open or Closed. This indicator serves that purpose well.

I have seen moisture in various electronic devices through the years. In general the manufacturers seem to take the approach that they need a better seal somewhere to keep the moisture out. I feel that the moisture that is present is due to condensation of moisture out of the air. As the device is subjected to varying temps and pressure, air movement is bound to occur. Since this moisture can't "get out", it continues to build up until there is a problem.

My approach would be to allow any collected moisture to drain out of the device.

This approach is like the problem I experienced with water coming into my basement in a house I used to own. The water was coming up in between the basement floor and the walls during certain times of the year. Several solutions to water in the basement problems rely on trying to seal up that joint. These are usually unsuccessful because of the pressure involved in actually trying to float the house.

A more successful approach following the "Beaver System" is rather than to try to prevent the water from coming in the basement to direct it to a place where it doesn't cause damage. This is essentially what I did with my problem by laying a row of bricks around the outside of the basement. This row directed the water to a drain where it didn't cause any damage.

Edited by tedbear 3/10/2010 18:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)