AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My thoughts on the Orange tractor debate.... (might want a thick skin to read)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DougG
Posted 2/7/2010 09:16 (#1062352 - in reply to #1062284)
Subject: Re: My thoughts on the Orange tractor debate.... (might want a thick skin to read)

Its just like anything else related to farming+ AG with the up + down maket- and someone else setting the price your end product will bring ; most all manufactures of the good times - late 60,s - 70,s are gone ; because of the cash flow in the AG world ; I dont see why anyone would want a new tractor ,just like a pickup, you pay so much for them then 6 month later whats it worth ? Alot less than what you paid ! Just like a computer on a tractor ; WHY !!! There is an expensive headache ! Agco,s gonna do what it wants, they dont need the NA market to survive , Ill miss the orange paint and competition , but there all a foreign , componet machine anyway, no metal in an ALLIS GLEANER CO tractor is poured in a foundry in West Allis ; The managements way of doing it is rediculous, MF tractors will fill the void; they underestimate brand loyalty in NA and will lose sales cause of it ; I myself will stick to rebuilding the old true AC,S ; and IH,S and JD s; no computer- no problem ! Thats how I see it ; all this bickering is kinda uncalled for ,its so far out of our hands , but its funny to read , some folks have alot of time ; Good day to all !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)