AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need some mechanical help with my IH966.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redhunter
Posted 2/6/2010 19:20 (#1061609)
Subject: Need some mechanical help with my IH966.

Owensville, MO
1st problem is with the pto. Guy I bought it from had the pto rebuilt right before I bought it. If the tractor is at low idle the pto will not start when you pull up the lever. thottle it up and the pto starts up and works fine. Once it starts tuning you can throttle back to idle and it will keep turning. if you shut it off and turn it right back on it will then come on at idle, but if you shut if off and wait for about 10 seconds it will not come back on until you throttle back up. Once it is on it works fine even under load. I figured it was just sucking air somewhere so I pulled the pto today but can't find a leak. I'm going to replace the seal where the suction tube goes into the unit before I put it back in just in case. Any ideas what is causing this?

Second is the 3-point arms. They are very slow to go down even with a load on them. They come up fine when you pull up on the lever but take about 10-15 seconds to go down with a 12ft. cultivator on them, closer to a minute with nothing hooked up. position of the draft control lever has no effect at all. I pulled the inspection plate off the side and the position and draft linkages are both moving with the levers. I also pulled the top link plate off and I can's see anything wrong in there but I admit I'm not sure I would know something is wrong if I saw it. When I pull the draft lever I can see the linkage moving down to where the spring is hooked on that goes back to the cylinder. spring is about 8-10 inches long. I'm not sure but I don't think the linkage piece that comes up from the bottom was moving any when I moved the draft lever. I'm talking about the arm that rides against the pivoting piece that the spring is hooked to. Ideas on this one?

Thanks

Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)