AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agco at the NFMS in Louisville ; Agco oranges
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 2/6/2010 18:08 (#1061525 - in reply to #1061476)
Subject: RE: Agco at the NFMS in Louisville ; Agco oranges

Elmira, Ontario

I've read all your posts so far and can't figure out if you are a current Agco tractor owner or not. Or are you a disgruntled Agco employee (hence your knowledge about what most Agco employees are thinking), or maybe you are a dealer. You seem to have a lot of "inside" information. You are also one of the most bitter people I've seen towards a manufacturer.

For the record, I work at a Deere dealership. I started in a Deutz Allis shop back in 85, and spent time in sales for an Agco dealer in the early 90's. I've always been interested in their strategy and how they have been bringing in fresh technology from purchased companies. I have been wondering how they were going to tie all that stuff together. I had hoped they would do it under the Agco name, but understand why they would do it with the Massey name.

In the end, the challenge will be for Agco to get the dealers settled down quickly. If they do that, the customers will follow the dealers. If they can't get a rational dealer plan going with this philosophical change, then they will have trouble no matter how much money they spend on advertising.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)