AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody got gypsies working your area selling hand tools?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jorn
Posted 2/6/2010 05:24 (#1060705 - in reply to #1060678)
Subject: RE: Irish Travelers.....

Denmark
Yes, we have them here too.
Mostly doing asphalt work for private people. Every year people are warned about them. Usually ask for some money (to buy materials) before they start the job, then collect the rest and get out of there fast.
Gone by the time most people get to inspect the job and find it nowhere the quality agreed on.

We see tool traders too. Driving up in Mercedes cars with foreign license plates. The trunk full of a set of quality tools presumably stolen, that you can buy for half or one third store price. Their story is that it is a set of tools from a now closed exhibit, that they bought cheap. If somebody buys the tools they are seen driving to a guy sitting in a van a mile away, and there they fill the trunk back up before going to the next farm.

One good thing I noticed, when one of these, in this case German speaking, fellows visited me is, that dogs scare them wildly. He did not get out of his Merc. until I assured him my Labrador would not bite as long as I had her on a short leash! Kind of signaled that eventual returning after dark might be a bad idea.

Jorn
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)