AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agrisure traits...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil consult
Posted 12/30/2009 22:13 (#994310 - in reply to #991639)
Subject: Re: Agrisure traits...

SE SD
When you look at the "newer" genetics that the Syngenta group is using they have some varieties that are taking a lot more heat on either the male or female side. I have asked on the early maturity side(84-88 day) if or how much of a flint background is there. Supposedly there is none. The dent by dents will get you better yields but on a cold year in the north country the flint crosses will make you the most money. Would you rather have 160 bu at 35% moisture or 125 at 22% with a hard kernel that is relatively easy to combine. It seems there are quite a few of their varieties that acted a lot longer in maturity over a wide area. Other than heat is there something else that we are not factoring in? The only thing I saw that was consistent this year was inconsistency. Why should a conventional hybrid outyield a quad stack by 30 bu. Why did a GH variety yield the same this year as last year and a DK variety had a 50 bu increase? There were a number of fields that looked like we ran out of N in July? We didn't have enough rain to make it go away. I talked with a few guys who chop silage and the driest corn was on the southwest corner and the wettest on the northeast corner. I think we had some major curve balls thrown at us by mother nature this year. Bottom line is we still have to use the averages over time to make good decisions
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)