AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For all you Monsanto haters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

StarAg
Posted 12/30/2009 22:49 (#994376 - in reply to #994124)
Subject: Re: List of monsanto company purchases

NC Iowa
Thanks for making my point. Monsanto bought Dekalb for a genetic platform for their traits. Dekalb only had about 9% market share when they were purchased. Holdens was also a genetic company. Monsato developed RR technology because they owned the patent. They were highly leveraged after all these purchases and there was some doubt as if it would work. If farmers had not adopted the technology quickly, they might not have made it. This is America at it's best when companies take a risk and succeed beyond their wildest dreams. Microsoft is another example.

Again, most of the seed company purchases were to gain market share. The big bio tech advancements have been Monsanto's. Some of the companies you listed had a few things going but not to the extent of RR in soybeans and corn and the VT3 and now SS for corn borer and rootworm.

Just a point for fact checking. It was Syngenta who purchased Golden Harvest and not Monsato.

I plan for this to be my last post on this matter as neither one of us is going to change the others mind. Good luck in 2010.

Edited by StarAg 12/30/2009 22:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)