AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another 10 acres...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Rosco
Posted 10/27/2009 23:24 (#902829 - in reply to #902704)
Subject: Re: Another 10 acres...

Galahad, Alberta
The exceed we had was on a 30 acre piece. We swathed 20 and left 10 stand. The rest of the quarter was seeded to nexera smart canola, and the neighbour had R-up nexera canola on the other side. Cold, dry spring, a few frosts on it in June, none looked very good. The juncea is supposed so stand frost better, but it still suffered. The smart canola did about 27, the swathed Juncea made about 24, the straight cut stuff about 17, and the r-up nexera ran about 35. Typical yield for the land would be about 30-35. I'm quite surprised with the R-up stuff, did real well, given the year, but the neighbour could be pulling my chain. The standing stuff took the wind fairly well, but still shelled around the outside, and in the thin spots on the hilltops. The BTO's standing canola shelled out a lot worse, but it may have been a better crop to begin with.
I have some canola at about 6.5 that I can blend it with, but I'll still wait until the swaths get drier to take it. I don't want to make a bunch of work for myself this winter chipping heated canola out of a bin.
Rosco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)