AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More RR2 vs. RR1 side by side
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jff2009
Posted 10/27/2009 16:59 (#902180 - in reply to #902049)
Subject: Re: More RR2 vs. RR1 side by side

SC
IN Grain Farmer - 10/27/2009 13:41

I still think it is a tough year to judge the new RR2Y beans. It is still new technology so the genetics are still trying to catch up to the technology. I wasn't farming yet when RR crops came out in '96, but I have always heard there was a yield drag back then.

Do you seriously think they are going to bring something like this out in crappy genetics? They are good genetics, they just aren't being placed as good yet. And even when we get around to placing them right, are they still better? Yes there are going to be dogs in every system that slip through and there will be a few bad bean varieties that make it to market, it's inevitable. The technology has been around for years, you said yourself since 1996. They reinserted the same old gene in a different place hoping to fix the yield drag between RR1 and conventionals(or was that the real reason?). When does the patent for RR1 run out again? <---Think about it

If RR2's are better then they are better and I will plant some, but it has got to make good economical sense to plant the things or you are just throwing away your money no matter how you look at it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)