AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Started a little corn [pics]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kmjFarms
Posted 10/27/2009 01:50 (#901643)
Subject: Started a little corn [pics]

WC-ND

Really enjoy everyones posts and pics, so thought I would give it a try.

Corn is planted on 15", do not have all the specifics on varieties right in front of me, but have two Mycogen and a Dekalb.

First year on 15", have put it in with an airseeder in the past, but purhcased a planter this past winter big improvement as everyone has discussed before.  Just for a side note have had 92 bushel corn from the airseeder, but it had full fertility with it.

This corn was kind of a mess, but yet kind of not; I did not finish getting the planter set up the way I wanted after the snow left and by the time we needed to be in the field.  I notilled in the corn without any starter, as I did not get my liquid unit on.  Only fertility is 100lbs of actual N broadcast (again not the way I wanted, but desperate men resort to desparate messures and the way the year has gone I am feeling a little desparate again).  Soil had good residual N with most testing between 55 and 65lbs in top 24".  So this has become somewhat of an expirement for me. 

All corn is between 78 and 83 day corn.  So far, yield has been anywhere from 60 to 150 and average is right now around 99.8bu at 28% moisture.  We have gotten around 1910 to 1980 GDU's according to NDSU.  So very happy to be even looking at combining any of this.

I am still new to corn and really like it in the rotation, so plan on continuing to produce it.

This is not the best part of the field, there was a Japanes brome problem here, so the stand was a little compromised.  Also, learned alot about my planter and some things that I will be improving for next year.  Enough chatter, here are the pics.

2009 Corn

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)