AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

First time Soybeans?????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

steigerman
Posted 10/25/2009 23:46 (#900314)
Subject: First time Soybeans?????

SC Kansas
We want to plant soybeans next year for the first time. So I am starting to look at brochures so that we can some of the early discounts. First off we are located in South-Central Kansas (35mi. SW of Wichita). I was thinking maybe Dekalb/Asgrow, NK, Croplan or Pioneer or maybe some other if you have any suggestion. We would like to go right back to wheat after the beans come off and would like to plant the wheat at least around Nov. 1. What varieties/maturity group should we plan? What traits (RR2, LL, Genuity)? How about planting time and seeding rates? I think we will try to plant the beans with our 455 JD drill on 15in. rows. What about herbicides (pre/post)? Will we need any starter fert. (will take soil samples after the milo)? I know that we will need to innoculate them. So what would be good? Will we need to apply more beings we haven't raised beans before? This will be dryland following milo and we will work it and let it set over the winter. Also the coop is offering the use of their seed tenders w/innoculator if we buy the seed from them . Is this a good deal?

Probably left some questions out, so give me any advice that might help!

Thanks,
Cody
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)