AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Most economical used combine for 40' draper in soybeans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ks-notill
Posted 10/21/2009 09:54 (#893086 - in reply to #892846)
Subject: Steve,

Our experience so far has been very good with our 660. It was an 03 model. We are in our third fall harvest of about 1500 acres per year and have cut wheat three times, about 400 acres each year. Our 8000 30' flex head has not caused any trouble yet, beans are our biggest crop and we have never plugged our cleaning fan, we did have trouble with the shaker shoe arm bearings, luckily we have an MF 8570 so we just grabbed the arm off it till parts came in. Then we found out there is a tool to align the arm correctly and we used it when installing the new arm and no trouble the last 2 years. Sounds like your return elevator was an assembly mistake. Our dealer updated the rotor intake flighting and also the steel throat behind the beater (I'm pretty sure) over the winter while in warranty after our first year. I think having a good dealer who knows what the problem areas are and takes care of them before they cause downtime has made all the difference for us. Last Fall I ran 21 days in a row without stopping for a single breakdown, (talk about stiff knees!) I did bronze a hyd oil line while it was tough one morning, it had rubbed against something and was leaking. I think we have the same dealer (Martin) so some of your problems may have actually alerted them to fix ours before they happened to us. I decided not to pass up the chance to buy a class 6 machine with 120 hours with all the extra options you can get, (duals, chopper. lateral tilt,fieldstar moisture and yield moniters, chrome augers) and full warranty for $110,000 and have been very satisfied so far. Sounds like your trouble was very frustrating.

Edited by Ks-notill 10/21/2009 09:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)