AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Most economical used combine for 40' draper in soybeans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

steve1616
Posted 10/21/2009 00:59 (#892846 - in reply to #892839)
Subject: Re: Most economical used combine for 40' draper in soybeans?

North East Kansas
I have heard that some improvements were made to the agco head, but I would stay away also. Agco let us demo a full finger auger head, and the crank inside the auger eventually ate the entire auger out, but at least they made the knife drive a little better. I am not sure it is such a cheap option, though. I say this because we are getting just as many bushel/hour of corn out with our 2577 as the 670, and with the addition of the draper we are getting more bushels/hour in soybeans then the 670 ever did. The 2577 is 2 class sizes smaller and was quite a bit cheaper than the 670. That isn't even considering that we would lose at least a couple of hours just repairing the combine in a day.

Are you guys breaking down a lot? The revision on the shaker arm would be huge because we lost our shaker arm at least once a week until the revision came out. Also, how do you harvest soybeans? Agco never came up with a solution for our cleaning fan. It would plug full of crap in about an hour of cutting soybeans. We had to keep an air compressor with us and blow it out every hour so that we wouldn't completely lose the fan. Our return elevator came apart every other day. The whole elevator would just bust all the metal, and push its way out. Someone told us after the lease that agco put the smaller auger that goes from the rotor to the elevator in our 670 on accident. It didn't go all the way to the rotor so it would just build up until the pressure was so bad that it would break everything. There were at least 100 or more different problems that our machine had.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)