AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems ugrading QuickBooks Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 12/27/2006 01:33 (#79119 - in reply to #78804)
Subject: I don't understand your point, Ray

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

Not trying to belittle your post, it is just that I don't understand.  Perhaps you can explain how the accountant's copy would be easier or better for me than just transferring the files to the jump drive.

I run QuickBooks Basic 2003, it has the accountant's copy, I believe.  But, if we have the same version of Quickbooks, my auditor can run my copy from the jump drive, make corrections, and I can copy them back to my computer files, replacing my version.  Seems as simple as I can imagine, but I haven't tried what you suggested, so I don't know. 
As it is, my auditor, unlike an accountant, is not allowed to change my files, only make suggestions on how I might change them.  Since he always runs the most current version of QuickBooks Pro, he can read my jump file, it reads all previous versions, but if I am not creating the files on his version, he cannot change them.  If I wanted him to change files, all I would have to do is keep current with the same version of QuickBooks that my auditor uses.

If there is an easier way to accomplish what I need when I audit my books at the end of each fiscal year, I would appreciate knowing about it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)