AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Problems ugrading QuickBooks Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 12/26/2006 06:56 (#78765 - in reply to #78757)
Subject: I think Carl is on the right track with the jump drive.

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

I use three different accounting programs for three different entities.  My experience with Quick Books is shorter than my experience with the others, but I like some of the features of quickbooks.

I use a jump drive to archive data and give to my auditor with the entity that uses Quick Books.  Since Quick books drops data in my documents, I use "my computer" section of the computer to find the QB data on my C drive.  Usually the jump drive is designated as a J drive in my computer, and I can right click and send the highlighted QB data to the J drive by using the "send to" command.  My auditor can plug the jump drive in his computer, and read all the books for the year instantly, making both our jobs easier.  It also gives me those all-important frequent backups easily.

Works so slick!  I also name all my Word and Excel data associated with that entity with the same word in the data title, which allows me to highlight all associated data for that entity, and send everything to the jump drive with one click.

Of course, if your old computer doesn't have a USB drive, none of this will work for you, but it is good to know for the future.

I thought hard floppies were such a big improvement from the old "really floppy" disks, then came the great CD data storage, and another improvement with the DVD storage that would hold so much information as well as video capabilities.  Then we had those large capacity tape drives for backup which were slow, but quicker than swapping disks.  With the Jump Drives, computing got even more reliable and easy, wonder what will come next?

Edited by Illinois John 12/26/2006 06:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)