AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Greenstar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ontario
Posted 8/26/2009 20:27 (#825505 - in reply to #825177)
Subject: Re: Greenstar

i did exactly what u want to do to my 4440 and 9500 last spring. Not too sure the dollar figure you have in mind but you can save alot of money by installing all this yourself. My recommendation would be a starfire itc reciever and gs2 display. you have a pile of wireing work ahead of you. the combine kit will include a side mount moisture meter, wireing, grain flow sensor and gps mount. You will have to cut into the clean grain elevator to mount the moisture meter. they provide the templates for this. The instructions are pretty straight forward. The gs2 will let you do more functions should you choose to control a rate controller for you chem application in the future. Im running my gs2 in my 9500 for mapping and put in in my 444o for auto steer guidance and also control a greenstar ratecontroller on my hardi sprayer with swath control pro, a gs1 would not let you do all of this should you choose to go a similar route in the future. i can post pics of what i did to the 9500 and 4440 and how i ran wires if u would like some ideas. let me know
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)