AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

please delete
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 8/20/2009 20:39 (#818419 - in reply to #818143)
Subject: RE: long distance relationships (LDR)

I met my second wife on FarmersOnly. She was in Dallas and I was in KC. Maybe not quite as far apart as you are. You're on the right track. I assume you have cell phones with free long distance and time on them. If you've got good enough internet I'd give skype a try, that will let you look and talk at the same time.

T was going to nursing school at the time and had to study a lot so that limited how much time she had to spare and when she could get away. She came up here most of the time because it was easier for her to get away. It helped that she was close to an airport so it didn't take her long to get on a plane. Just needed to plan ahead to get the cheap tickets before they were all gone. We tried to find long weekends or time when she had some extra days off from school so we had more time together for the money spent on the tickets. If you both can get away, meeting in the middle for a wknd would be an option.

I have to agree with some of the others, being apart makes you learn to communicate verbally and it's actually probably a pretty good way to start a relationship. One Saturday I had a rare day in a combine when our normal operator went hunting. I took my charger with me, plugged my phone in and hooked up my mic. After I got started I called T and we talked for the rest of the day. Had to disconnect a few times for nature calls, but got back on the phone when I got started again. Ended up talking for 15 hours that day while I was combining. We both say that was a turning point for us being able to continue to talk for that long a period of time, seems after that we both knew where we wanted to take our relationship.

We look back now and think "how did we make it through those times" but we did. You will too, hang in there.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)