AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

City girl marries farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fefernuse
Posted 8/19/2009 09:16 (#816619 - in reply to #816554)
Subject: Re: City girl marries farmer

Litchfield MN.
Our boys aren't showing interest in farming, either. One is going to get married and move down to Nashville to finish out his degree in music business. The other is a senior in high school this year and plans on attending college in the fall of 2010. He doesn't know his major yet, but it won't ag related as of now.

The one who is getting married is right now helping his cousin move cattle in the rain and the mud. I think city life is going to look better after today:) The other had to load his 4-H pigs in the same rain to take to the fair. He thought he could just leave them in the holding gates out in the rain and they'd get clean that way. He was just joking, of course, but wasn't looking forward to cleaning muddy, ornery critters. It's experiences like these that the ag way of life makes them into "real" men and good workers. I, too, wonder about what quality of life my future grandchiildren will have if not being raised on a farm. Maybe my boys will fall into the new trend and become"Urban farmers"!:) Not! Maybe hobby farmers, though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)