AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

City girl marries farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 8/19/2009 08:20 (#816554 - in reply to #815661)
Subject: RE: City girl marries farmer

north central Oklahoma
Mine is a city girl, Tulsa. Met while at Oklahoma State University and married in January 1976. Common advice in most sororities was to not date a farm boy. My wife didn't listen very well I guess. She graduated with an Accounting degree, got her CPA and worked in the public field for a while, until she found out much of the public are very anal (not anyone here though). I graduated in the Ag College, duh. She has never regretted living on the farm, although we now live in a city due to her transfer after the last oil company merger. It is 100 miles from the farm, but we moved here and I drive to farm and spend most every week out there. It was easier than having her commute. After 33 years, she still lets me play in the dirt, although we have considered me making a transition to something over here, but at 53, even Walmart will prolly think twice before hiring me, ha. I love it here in Barltlesville, it's more of a village than a city, so consider that I have the best of both worlds being able to spend all week at the farm and come home to a beautiful wife, home, and cat, ha.

Raised both boys in a small town, 400 population, with about 20 or so in graduating class. Both got to play sports if the so chose, one was a jock, one just did it because it was there. Will never regret raising them in that atmosphere after seeing what goes on in bigger city school. But that has to do with how you raise them, values and all to a very large degree.

Fortunately or unfortunately, neither wanted much to do with the farm. I think they saw me working too hard at times and with the advent of the internet, thank you Al Gore, they were able to see a much easier lifestyle possible out there. Nonetheless, I don't think they truly regret growing up on the farm if they told the truth. With the oldest now a father too, I think that will come to him more as my grand daughter comes of age.

Edited by Cowboycorn 8/19/2009 23:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)