AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guess am a greedy land owner way it sounds
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

welfarehill
Posted 2/5/2024 08:38 (#10609423 - in reply to #10607972)
Subject: RE: Guess am a greedy land owner way it sounds

North Central MN
I could go on a tangent here with hunters. Never used to charge. Two falls ago hunters who come up decided that it was ok to break into a shed on one of the properties and try to get power for RV.

I went over a month later putting machinery away and the slider doors were open. Turnbuckles cut. A long term relationship ended that day. Decided to post an ad and the calls rolled in. $500/stand and no more than 50% of deer kill can be bucks or rate doubles. 1 deer minimum per stand. Designated parking areas. I retain the right to do farming activities during hunting season.

They carry liability insurance and I carry a rider on my farm policy. We both have copies. 1/2 due when trial cameras go up and balance night of normal season. Typical for 10-15 deer to be killed. 3 quarters of mixed use land. No other hunting is allowed.

The renters are happy as clams and I don't have to wonder who is on my property. Can't remember when I was able to do a hobby without paying. Renters are happy because total rent fee is less than making a yearly land payment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)