AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quit bringing up high rents
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 2/3/2024 10:22 (#10606588 - in reply to #10606540)
Subject: RE: Quit bringing up high rents

Coup is exactly right from a pure dollars and cents standpoint. No more, no less. And while I don’t claim to have a crystal ball into the future, current economics at play would certainly favor that a land sale yesterday will be higher than one tomorrow. I will bring up my very first post on AgTalk circa 2013, titled “land prices have stage 4 cancer, they just don’t know it yet”, or something close to that verbiage. I believe we’re at that juncture once again. If I were inclined to sell land today, I would look long and hard at an extended contract, with fixed interest for a predetermined period, with rates to be reset at a predetermined % tied to the then prevailing prime rate, for another set period of years. For example, a 21 year contract, with fixed periods of every 7 years interest lock. This will provide 3 primary benefits, locking in a favorable interest rate for both parties, spread the taxes out, and provide significantly higher cash flow vs cash rent or cash sale, and just living on the interest. Of course a plan would need be in place to protect unexpected extended longevity, so a person didn’t outlive the income stream. Gotta go for now, sure to be much knashing of the teeth over these comments.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 2/3/2024 10:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)