AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Election year rally history along with carryout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sheep Farmer
Posted 1/21/2024 06:08 (#10585159 - in reply to #10585020)
Subject: RE: Election year rally history along with carryout

Northwest Iowa
Thank you for putting all of this info together. I believe al kluis put this info the last week or so and I have seen it from numerous sources, neighbors, family members, etc. personally i think every person is interperinv the data differently. One guy told me, “not selling new crop corn until 5.50 cash and market might even run to 6.30 futures bc markets rally $1.30 in election years” I told him I think I would be sold out way before your targets, but just my opinion.

Looking at all of those numbers and trying to find correlation on what happened in that given year outside of grains or within the growing season to cause grains to rally is starting to make my head hurt and just make me scratch it more. I think some ppl could get caught with this info and miss a lot of opportunity if they don’t just develop a well strategized plan and find the profit you want and not the high. Don’t overthink it and don’t be greedy should be take home message. We are $1 less than a year ago on futures at same time crop insurance spring time frame, very well could be another $1 lower next year. Could be higher to, who the heck knows. Grain marketing doesn’t have to hard, although I think it can be stressful at all times (good and bad).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)