AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Election year rally history for grains
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

woodduck
Posted 1/20/2024 20:22 (#10584892 - in reply to #10583824)
Subject: RE: Election year rally history for grains

NE Mo
tmrand - 1/20/2024 09:42

It always was..............that's why the push to embolden China is happening. We're now in a hurry to give them our Golden Goose. I see no problem in putting the brakes on that mentality.

I think you're a smart guy. So how can you look at the areas of our country where the manufacturing used to take place and now sits in ruins...........and think that makes our country strong? We think we're so smart, asking the rest of the world to do the grunt labor for us.............while we get fatter and lazier. And yet somehow think this will go on for perpetuity??

I'm not saying the end is near................but there's no way the end isn't coming with that mindset. I happen to believe changing that trend back to what made our country wealthy and strong is better policy.

Be careful what you wish for. The way we consume chinese goods; in order to bring back that kind of manufacturing would take immigration like we haven't seen in 150 years. 350 million people aren't going to get it done. Hard stop. China has like 160 cities over 1 mil population, we have like 10. Plywood shanty towns will be all the rage, no thanks. Consuming their natural resources, polluting their environment and exploiting their cheap labor is fine by me.

On a semi related note, I have always wondered why are there so many trailer parks in Colorado. Not knocking it. Just wondered why they were so popular when passing through there. I could see them being a stellar investment opportunity elsewhere when immigration is opened up to the extent to get your desired result.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)