AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low carb diet still working!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 11/28/2023 18:22 (#10501114 - in reply to #10501003)
Subject: RE: Low carb diet still working!

Pittsburg, Kansas

The knowledge you have is priceless. Just like you described, should your blood sugar get a little worse, you already know what to do to get it back under control. Sounds like you are approaching it methodically. I applaud you for knowing what to do and doing it.

The more I learn the more I am convinced fructose in too large quantities is a bad thing. Maybe worse than blood glucose levels. Fructose does not raise glucose levels on a glucose meter like glucose will but it still glycates red blood cells. So we may be getting glycation that we don't know of because we do not have a meter to measure it. I'm not completely sure I understand all there is to know about fructose so I may not have that right. But I think it is. The body can convert fructose to glucose but the opposite can also happen and does happen with blood glucose gets to high levels. A little fructose from a modest amount of fruit is probably fine and the body handles a small amount fine. It is in excessive amounts like the amounts in soda pop or fruit juice that become problematic.  I used to drink a two liter bottle of Pepsi or Dr Pepper daily. Pretty sure that is a main contributor to my diabetes diagnosis when I was around 30.

I'm rambling again. Anyway, good job on your success.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)