AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guidance system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GcDm2010
Posted 11/18/2023 14:51 (#10487118 - in reply to #10484211)
Subject: RE: Guidance system

Yes, the ATU is a motor that mounts onto your steering column. Your dealer can set you up with all the parts you need if they know what they're doing. Most do. The ATU 300 is the newest, so that's what I would get. Stay away from the ATU 100, it's an older unit and one of mine has failed, the other isn't far behind.
The Display, get a used 2630 or 4240 with an AutoTrac unlock already on it. I would avoid the 2600 since they are no longer servicing them and the ATU 300 and newer receivers work, but not officially supported.
The SF1 signal is free, SF2, SF3, SF-RTK is not. You do not need an "SF2 Ready" receiver unless you want to upgrade, so don't spend your money at this time. SF1 is a great starter signal. I plant some wheat with a drill with SF1, and it's reliable for my uses.
StarFire 3000 or 6000, you don't need any activations on the receiver at this time if you plan to stick with SF1 for now. You can always upgrade later.

The CRG, I would avoid that unit for now until you have some experience with GPS systems. RTK isn't always easy to solve when you have issues, but the Deere system with SF1 is pretty straight forward, lots of info online, plus your local dealer and surely some neighbors are there to help you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)