AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Guidance system
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cyclones30
Posted 11/15/2023 15:46 (#10483184 - in reply to #10483036)
Subject: RE: Guidance system

Midwest

tractorgear - 11/15/2023 12:30 Thanks for the help, But I am new to the current GSP vocabulary, makes and model, so I need a bit more help. With the 3000, is that the receiver, and the 2640 the control moniter? What about the needed hardware, steering the tractor? Given this information, what could I expect to have to spend, approximately, for a working system, including the subscription? What kind of signal or subscription would I need for a 3000?

Yep, the Starfire 3000 is the GPS receiver on the roof or roll bar in your case. The free SF1 signal on all JD receivers from the 3000 and up is really good for being free compared to WAAS. You can pay for higher accuracy signals but I'd start there and see how it goes. For a bit more up front money you can get a Starfire 6000 (next model newer) and it has a better paid signal for the same prices as the 3000's paid signal. Something to think about but again I think SF1 will be fine for you and is free. 

The 2630 or 4240 or any of those are the touch screen displays that are the brains and where you make the guidance lines and such.

So the receiver on the roll bar (and it's mount) and display within reach from the seat (and its mount) are the main pieces. There's an Ag Express harness that will make it "Greenstar" ready to be able to power and connect those things together and the battery for power all in one. 

Then your last piece is in my suggestion the ATU which JD has had 3 versions of that replaces steering wheel and does steering for you. The 100, 200, and 300 which is current. They got better with each one. This would plug into that same main harness and get its own power how the tractor would auto steer. These ATU units get used on all sorts of things and brands and work well. 

So, in short I'd get a SF3000 or 6000 for the GPS above your head. Either of those would/could be used and work fine. Get a display like a 2630 or 4240 with autotrac activation. (again used) Get a new ATU 300 for less than $2k and you're set once you get the Ag Express harness to connect it all. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)