AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good eats
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

95h
Posted 8/6/2009 10:18 (#801626)
Subject: Good eats

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

Yah well probably sounds gross to some,, but was talking to neighbor's about steer they're going to have butchered/cut/wrapped for themselves.

I asked about the liver, heart, tongue. They said the butcher does not (will not) take the heart/liver/tongue, they are discarded along with all the rest of the entrails.

Personally I love liver and onions, had heart a few times and always remember my Grandma cooking the tongue.  First time I ever had tongue I was knee high to a grasshopper and thought the "sandwich" meat was good. When I asked Dad said, just eat your sandwitch.  (Grandma,Grandpa, nor Dad would say what the 'sandwich meat' was till after we had finished lunch, and left to go back to work)  I've not had tongue in years.

Does anybody else cook/eat those parts, or sound gross, or some reason for not eating those parts ?   Liver and onions are very good provided the cook does not cook the liver till it is the consistancy and texture of shoe leather. 

No, I'm no fan of the rest of the entrails, etc.. but thought it odd even the liver isn't used.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)