AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alfalfa seed Farm Science Genetics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hesston8465a
Posted 7/22/2009 21:08 (#784572)
Subject: Alfalfa seed Farm Science Genetics

Parsons Kansas
Do any of you know or have any seed from Farm Science Genetics? Is it a good seed. I'm thinking about planting an alfalfa seed from them. Its' called FSG505. All I know about it is it was the top scorer in the field trials for my county. It was ranked the top producer out of about 10 or so entrants. I don't know how popular or good this company is. I don't know if they are a big player in the alfalfa seed market or not. I checked FSG505 numbers against the other seeds in the alfalfa seed book and they are right up there with with the top seeds in the classes. This seed does have a fall dormancy of 5. Don't know about that the other alfalfa I have out is a dormancy of 4.

Here in Southest Kansas we are not a big alfalfa producing region so there isn't much testing from K-State on very many brands of seed. If I was in western Kansas they always seem to have about 30 or so different companies in thier trials.

Anyway, any input would maybe put my mind at ease about this choice. I haven't bought the seed yet but I have a price and know where to find it at here locally. Thanks Darren
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)