AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So there I was..........................
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John SD
Posted 7/18/2009 09:50 (#779640 - in reply to #779618)
Subject: Re: So there I was..........................

Don, I can't believe some of the young gals (and guys) out driving who are so mechanically inept they actually don't know how to change a tire. IMO, basic stuff like that should be a mandatory part of driver training. So they can do it, and do it safely.

Your story reminded me of way back when, Mom went to pick up my sister at school with our 3/4 ton 4x4 Chevy pickup with the old fashioned split ring wheels. When Mom got to school she had a flat. Neighbor kid instantly offered to change it for her. This kid was about 7th grade and slightly built. He probably didn't weigh more than 100 lbs. Those split ring wheels are damn heavy for an adult and long-winded 8 bolt studs to take off lug nuts and put back on. The kid changed the tire. Then he couldn't lift the flat into the back of the pickup so he backed the pickup into the road ditch where he could load it. Where there's a will there's a way. ;-)

If the situation looks like someone truly is in a bind I always stop. It's a long way from anywhere to be stranded out here. Most people are truly appreciative of help and they more than make up for the few who don't.

Edited by John SD 7/18/2009 09:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)