AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter fertilizer pump and section control.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fattires
Posted 12/3/2022 13:10 (#9963178)
Subject: Planter fertilizer pump and section control.

SW Ohio
I have a John Deere 1760 planter that has the factory fertilizer tanks and is currently setup for in furrow with a manifold and electric pump.
I am going to switch from in furrow to dribble a UAN/ATS blend behind the closing wheels.
I originally was planning on a ground drive piston pump for simplicity but then I've been thinking about the need for section control.
Individual row shutoff saves me around 11% on my seed here with our small, odd shaped fields so I'm thinking that I could get a similar fertilizer savings if I could break my 12 row planter down into either 4 or 6 sections.
I would run it through my Ag Leader Incommand that controls the clutches.
Is it feasible to setup section control on a positive displacement ground drive pump? Is there a good way to do this other than 3 way valves? It seems a little complicated in my head.
Should I just forget the ground drive and go with a hydraulic centrifugal pump? My hesitation comes from being worried about having enough hydraulic output. The tractor is a McCormick MTX 125 with 29gpm hydraulics, could I run a hydraulic pump off power beyond and still have enough for the vacuum fan running eSets and not lift crazy slow?
Just looking for ideas and input.
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)