AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

things you carry in tractor cab .....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KFLAgri
Posted 12/2/2022 11:09 (#9961384 - in reply to #9960973)
Subject: RE: things you carry in tractor cab .....

tommyw-5088 - 12/2/2022 08:10

I never leave the place now ,except to cross the gravel road to work a small field .

i guess habits are ingrained, i still carry enough in 7140 to run 12 hours .

Wife asked why do you still have all this stuff in tractor , I said so i dont have to stop tractor to eat . she said its a mille to house , lol

I carry blue towels , spare water bottles , powered lemmon packets to put in water , spare dr perrpes , spare can of copenhagen , phone charger , 2 pairs gloves , small lunch cooler , sunglasses , small assortment of hair clip pins( highly reccomended got them at tsc in their own plastic box ) . I used to carry pull top beans and plastic spoons in a ziplock bag .

Dont have near the amount of crop land now , but i wanted to be able to run 12 hours non stop ,amazing how much more land a fellow can work if he does not stop .
did 125 acres many times with 20 foot equipment .

No .380 for them big cats prowling around?

Tractor has a toolbox with the basics but always take enough sandwiches, snacks and drinks for 24hrs. Wouldn’t be the first time about quitting time and phone says rain tomorrow, but if I keep going I’ll finish here before it starts. Been too many late late nights where I’m thirsty, hungry and miserable that I leaned to just take extra. What doesn’t get ate today will get eaten tomorrow. One man show, no one to bring me stuff to the field so I’m always prepared.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)