AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Screw VRBO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/2/2022 06:49 (#9960934 - in reply to #9960579)
Subject: week or more

Pittsburg, Kansas

My wife also gets a little aggravated at the listings like you.

That said, in our experience we have better luck using them on longer term rentals rather than just a few days. For example we hardly ever use them unless we are staying at least a month. We did one for a week, but like you say once you get the cleaning fees, etc added in the price goes up.

On the other hand look at it from the renters perspective. If it is an investment house or maybe a vacation house that the owners family only spends a month or two there a year, they probably have either someone who does the cleaning or a management company take care of the maintenance and cleaning. So they have a fixed cost every time someone moves in and out of the house or apartment. So if you are staying two days it costs them 100 bucks to clean and inspect the place and get it ready for the next guest or if you stay a month the cost is about the same. Unless they live next door and are doing all that themselves, they are just  passing the costs along (and maybe adding a little extra for unknowns).

So I understand why they price like they do. Doesn't mean my wife likes it, but we adapt. If we are not staying at least a week or more, we don't even bother checking. The added costs are almost never worth it. Just get an appropriate hotel (some have full kitchens and living areas for an additional cost).

Edit: I don't know if VRBO is even what my wife usually uses. May be another outfit but with similar results.

Edited by John Burns 12/2/2022 06:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)