AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Screw VRBO
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

thinkstoomuch
Posted 12/3/2022 08:45 (#9962717 - in reply to #9962305)
Subject: RE: Screw VRBO

Kettle Moraine, WI
I agree with you that basic human decency and tending to what is likely someone's home or family rental should be treated accordingly whether rules or not. View it as if staying at a friend's place.

Where the model shifting is AirBnB used to be renting a room or apartment when someone was gone to make money and win the market over hotels. The cleaning was minimal because the culture was taken care of it as your own. (Moreso than a hotel) I recall AirBnB or Uber won court cases saying the property owners or drivers are their customers, not the rider or renters. People expected a hotel stay and convenience of being lazy. With this ever increasing cleaning fees shown at last minute, it sours the price whereas a hotel listed per night is the per night cost (with option to toggle taxes included). I am only a guest so from my perspective it becomes annoying to select city and features, get listing and per night cost, and then sort through actual per night costs to weigh costs and accomodations features. The simplicity of 5 years ago has been eroded and feels more like a used car lot.

I want to add to my opinion above to show I am positive and just pointing out one annoyance and that I've stayed about 60 nights in AirBnBs and must say the experience have all been wonderful, the hosts have been wonderful. Accomodations have been accurately portrayed by pictures and description and most important the reviews. Treat it like your own and be nice and it is great experiences for both parties.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)