AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding weight in back of Suburban for winter driving
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 11/28/2022 16:02 (#9954674 - in reply to #9953989)
Subject: RE: Adding weight in back of Suburban for winter driving

central - east central Minnesota -

cornfolio - 11/28/2022 08:17 I have always added weight to the back of my pickup for winter driving. The wife thinks her Suburban needs it too but I am thinking it is heavy enough without any other weight so I was just wondering if anyone else puts weight in back of their Suburban or similar vehicle. I have been told by a friend who works in a body shop that in some types of vehicles adding weight in the back actually hurts in winter driving so I am just wondering if it is a good idea or not. I should add that I know if I do put weight back there I know she will eventually complain it is in the way when she gets groceries and dog food and such so I don’t want to do it unless it’s really helpful. Thanks in advance.

I would agree with the others and say no - it is balanced, especially if you keep the fuel tank full. I have a 4x4 '99 suburban with great tires and it will go anywhere on any surface. Couldn't be happier. On the other hand, I have a 4x4 2006 crew cab pickup, and that thing practically drives its self in the ditch in slippery weather. I made up a attachment for my receiver hitch that I have 6 pie inside rear wheel weights off a Allis Chalmers tractor that get attached to it. Now i've got the weight and a great bumper protector. Very secure and safe if a crash happens. People give me the eye and keep their distant with that on my receiver hitch . . . . .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)