AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The best SXS in the world
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Paystar500
Posted 11/20/2022 17:49 (#9942009 - in reply to #9941672)
Subject: RE: The best SXS in the world

G5 Ag - 11/20/2022 14:08
John Burns - 11/20/2022 13:41 For some it is just a toy. Kind of like buying a bass boat or other expensive hobby. Wife and I enjoy riding desert trails with a RZR in retirement. We would not enjoy a bass boat. For others it is a useful tax deductible farm utility vehicle that makes life easier and more enjoyable. Got one of those too. But they are expensive and not a "must have" for many. But for others, got to do something with money. Makes jobs for others and makes the world go around when we spend it.
Oh I definitely agree. That Raptor was purchased as a write off and used to check fields with customers. My application uses it like a lot uses a sxs but I drive mine to the field instead of trailering it. And…it rides better across fields too. My only issue is, remembering I have to drive it home versus dragging it on a trailer if I see a terrace that’s tempting to jump. By all means, it’s a toy but is nice to drive versus a dually truck that rides like a brick.

Raptor may ride nice, but I highly doubt it will match any sport SxS for a smooth ride over rough terrain, you are about 6" less wheel travel and the same size tires, longer wheelbase will help some, but hard to overcome the 6" deficit.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)