AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case 7150 combine software issues?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

shulerfarm
Posted 9/23/2022 17:14 (#9858082 - in reply to #9857885)
Subject: RE: Case 7150 combine software issues?

Holly Hill, SC
I also had trouble with my tailings alarm. What the problems was the set screw on the bearing lock hit the aluminum shield at one of the 3 mounting bolts for the bearing. It ripped the set screw out of the hole and was stuck on the sensor. "improper clearance from the factory" I also had a false alarm on my clean grain auger (same sensor as tailings) This started after the machine was 3 weeks old and a rain had wet the debris under the shield near the sensor. Cleaned it out and still had alarm going off. Ended up filing the slots longer so I could adjust the sensor closer to the set screw. No problems since. That sensor is hard to find in the parts book but it is 87392235. That information screen on your monitor is very helpful because you can access every shaft RPM on the machine. It is always either shaft is actually not turning and you have a mechanical problem, sensor bad, sensor not adjusted correctly, or a wire in disconnected.
You said you had major problems the first year. I would like to know some of those so i can look out for some of them. Mine are: Clean grain auger was not welded (auger to stub shaft), No oil in the elbow gearbox in the unload auger (seized after 40 hours), Air condition stopped working (valve in the roof needed changing), Unload auger would not rest in the cradle with no more adjustment in the slots causing alarm to go on and off, neutral switch in the hydrostat could not be adjusted to work consistently (hardwired now), set screw clearance on tailings sensor, multiple hydraulic leaks on loose hoses (one on top of hydrostat motor, lost all the oil), multiple bolts loose or lost. Yesterday I had to tighten all the slats on the feeder house chain. At least a third of them where totally loose. I hope I have everything straightened out know except for the minor monitor issues.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)