AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case 7150 combine software issues?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

steve1616
Posted 9/23/2022 13:22 (#9857885 - in reply to #9856908)
Subject: RE: Case 7150 combine software issues?

North East Kansas
We usually calibrate with our seed dealers scales or sometimes we load a truck and have them take it to the elevator, and then put in our actual weights. Its always worked in the past, but not on this machine. I really feel like the calibration process isn't even affecting the run screen bushel counter and yield. Changing the weight per bushel of corn is the only thing that seems to take affect. Just like you stated though, our machine was off very badly from factory settings.

It does sound like we have similar quality control issues though. Our tailings auger broke on us the second year, and we barely run any tailings. You can tell it was a bad weld, but we still had to pay for it since we were in our second year. We also had no idea it happened since the monitor never alerted us. We fixed everything, and now for some reason it alerts us that something is wrong with the tailings even though its fixed and everything is working fine.

I can't speak to the auto swath mode since I just turned that on a few days back. We had been running with it off, and I noticed that the acres were off a little, so I changed it to auto swath mode and that fixed the acres being off.

We did have major problems with this machine in the first year, but now it has been really nice other than the yield monitor problems, and the tailings monitor alarms even when its actually working fine. I though about just replacing the shaft sensor on the tailings to see if that took care of the issues. I think it reads rpm, but maybe its the wrong rpms registering.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)