AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are there standard practices that have to be done to obtain a gradable grain sample?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Dan Loehr
Posted 8/17/2022 15:43 (#9801497 - in reply to #9801402)
Subject: RE: Are there standard practices that have to be done to obtain a gradable grain sample?

Holland, Indiana (SW IN)
Coming from a farmer who has went into more than one grain grading facility and had more than a few words --I was younger then
should probe at least 3X not all three in middle of semi --not a suck pipe stuck in one place to get the entire sample --adds fines
AND I'm almost certain there are probe taking samples standards BUT so much is subjective depends who is doing the sampling

we have a bunch of terminals almost equal distance from our farm ---one seems to try to take $100 a load
Not all are equal --I'm MUCH calmer now just go some place else

Had a grader dock for weevil I asked to see the weevil--she said the "guy" dumping had seen a red bug ---Couldn't make this up
Tried to dock $150 on that load

Dan

To the OP have who ever you are selling to (broker) sample your bin --get a grade (just a thought)
IF you are letting who ever the broker sends the load to sample and grade ---there is very little honor with grain grading when you are sending loads every where

Edited by Dan Loehr 8/17/2022 16:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)