AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hyperbaric oxygen treatments - cancer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Biff
Posted 8/2/2022 17:35 (#9777545 - in reply to #9774336)
Subject: RE: Hyperbaric oxygen treatments - cancer

Southern Ab
I did six weeks of hyperbaric treatments in 1991. It was quite an ordeal.
You get dressed head to toe in non-flammable, no static clothing. Can’t wear your own underwear. A big plastic bag is velcroed around your neck with O2 in and exhaled air out. So you’ve got medical grade O2 rushing in around you entire head. You can get very cold. It’s noisy. You can’t see anything clearly looking thru a plastic bag. The Velcro is tight so O2 won’t escape to prevent major fire hazard. So two 4 hour sessions a day and about all there was to keep occupied is read large print Readers Digest.
This chamber was equipped to do major surgery. Used a lot to treat gangrene. 9’ diameter. Maybe 20’ long. In case of fire there was what looked like scuba gear. The entire vessel could be filled with water in seconds while balancing pressure inside. The dive master had a lot to do with your comfort. I had one guy that ran the thing herky jerky and often I did not feel well. Anyway I was cured of a bone infection so it was well worth the discomfort. As I recall it increased my blood oxygen levels by 13 times.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)