AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NOAA 5-7 day shows great rain for most of Iowa, Northern half of IL, Indiana and Ohio.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Headland
Posted 7/4/2022 19:39 (#9734073 - in reply to #9733805)
Subject: RE: NOAA 5-7 day shows great rain for most of Iowa, Northern half of IL, Indiana and Ohio.

Malta, Illinois
I know there is some moisture in the short term forecast but I expect it will be on the spotty side as most rain systems are this time of year. What is concerning to me is that many meteorologists and climatologists are making kind of a big deal about the current soi index or something like that which is how they measure the intensity of LaNina. I believe currently it is ten times higher now than it was a month ago and the highest on this date that it has been since 2012. They claim that indicates a hot and dry summer ahead or at least increases the odds. We all know the experts get it wrong sometimes but this sounds kind of ominous. With the pictures 555 is showing I don’t think an inch of short term moisture would carry him through a hot and dry July and August. I am not throwing up the arms and panicking but this is definitely something to watch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)