AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader aplication rate module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/16/2022 05:17 (#9707642 - in reply to #9707598)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader aplication rate module

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am not familiar with your controller and its cable. All my experience has been with a Raven controller (440/450). I do remember that a special cable that was actually labelled as Raven (made by Ag Leader) was required in my installation. There was another cable available for other situations. I do not know the part numbers. It seems strange that you should need a combination of cables and a null modem. My cable was a one piece cable with a 9 pin on one end and the Deutsch connector that went into the communication port on the App Rate Module. I have that Raven cable yet but I'm quite certain it would NOT be correct for your controller.

On the Raven side, I had to go into the Raven menu and set four parameters. One was the BAUD rate of 9600, Another was the trigger units (the choices were feet or seconds) and seconds was the proper choice. Another was the trigger value (the number 1 was suggested) and finally the other was to turn the Data logger - ON.

I don't know if your controller has settings like this but they were important with the Raven With a BAUD rate of 9600 and a trigger of 1 second but the Data logger - OFF, I could send new rates from the Ag Leader to the Raven but would not get a map. Turning the Data logger - ON would show the map.

My thought at this point is 1) wrong combination of cables between your controller and the Application Rate Module 2) Some settings on your controller that must be set a certain way.

Since your controller seems to be supported in the Ag Leader menu seems like it could work. Maybe your controller needs an update? Some of the very earliest 440/450 had a very crude 9 pin interface and would only work with some impact printers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)