AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader aplication rate module
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

SPOLJC
Posted 6/16/2022 08:07 (#9707919 - in reply to #9707642)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader aplication rate module

I updated it last year to a newest software version wich includes that GPS options, and I think it is the last version availible....

only thing I can set in controlers menu is GPS ON/OFF, and there is nothing more to be set... on the back of controller, there is a 4 pin GPS socket, where I plug vaderstad data cable in, and on the other side of that cable is female serial connector... That cable I used with USB to Serial adapter when I updated controller by laptop, and the same cable they say I should use for that connection...

on the rate module side, there are two cables availible. one is from 12 pin deutch on the module to a female serial, and second is from 12 pin deutch to a male serial, and that second one I can plug directly in vaderstad cable... but I dont have that one, then the first one, so how are both female, there are male to male null modem cable between them I got with the module.... I think connection should be correct both way???

when I set a planting configuration in the Insight, I can choose between "area logging" and "rate logging"... so when I choose rate logging I have an option to set a controller, and when I choose serial controllers, there is vaderstad controll station to select...

when I am done with configuration and go to run screen, and choose field and planting configuration, there appears new rate controlling menu....

so now I am so confused, if I choose rate loging, then seed rate is no more controlled by vaderstad controller then the Insight?? and that means I should set seed rate no more in control station then the Insight?? I do not want to use variabile seed rate, just the main seed rate...

now I think maybe I should choose area logging instead of rate logging, but when I choose that, there are no option to add controller to a planting configuration....

what I want is to connect that rate module to the vaderstad controller by serial connection, only for area logging, so vaderstad controller can send info when is drilling and when is not to the insight so it can stop painting when is not drilling... other thing I want is when I manualy switch off one half of the drill on the control station, one half on the Insight stops painting.... I would like seed rate to be controlled by vaderstad controller not the Insight...

why is that complicated??

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)