AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More about CC and N
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Dan Loehr
Posted 5/22/2022 07:35 (#9670343 - in reply to #9669780)
Subject: RE: More about CC and N

Holland, Indiana (SW IN)
Bristol Hillbilly - 5/21/2022 18:54

I can't believe it is lost, although I do not have a timeframe when it will be available. Granted some is going to be used to decompose the ARG, not nearly as much as would be eaten up decomposing C.Rye. That is a beautiful stand of ARG. What did you spray to terminate? I have really struggle this year to kill mine. Did you put any starter down when planting the corn?

With advice from NAT and other great help --Got a good kill on the ARG BUT was patient only sprayed when warm and started spraying at 10 AM stopped at 4 pm
I can hardly say the word patience BUT with killing ARG need to be PATIENT
used 1/2 gal of 4# gly and the recommended 17# per 100 gal of spray of Ammonium sulfate+ other STUFF
we had quite a few acres of ARG even with a 120' boom didn't have time to kill all the ARG before planting ---too cold
Had the 250 acres we planted green then sprayed so far I like the planting green BUT every year give different challenges (love farming)

30# of N + S 0X2 at planting looks NOW like enough N the carn is green --side dressing now

Add one problem I see with planting green I don't think our side dress injector rig will like the long not decomposed ARG straw
We have a backup 2100 Hagie with drop dribble hoses ---here for if corn gets too tall or the side dress injector rig needs help --always need a plan B

Dan

Edited by Dan Loehr 5/22/2022 07:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)