AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hydraulic implement switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/10/2022 05:41 (#9654777 - in reply to #9654248)
Subject: RE: Hydraulic implement switch

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
A simple approach on a 1760 or other Deere Planters is to purchase a second button switch. Wire the switches in parallel. Splice a new branch on the two wires going to the first switch. That way the new switch will get power like the first and also be able to complete the circuit back on the other wire as the two switches will be wired in parallel. That way either or both switches can inform the module that the planter is down in the planting position. It is unlikely that both rows with switches would fall into holes at the same time.

I added a third branch to mine. This pair of wires runs up to the cab to a lighted rocker switch. The rocker switch is a "temporary implement switch override". I pick up ground for the light inside the cab.

Normally this switch is in the off position. Its light will go ON/OFF with raising/lowering the planter so you can check that your actual implement switch(s) are working properly. This switch allows me to override the actual implement switches for testing purposes. I use it for backing into corners as a way to keep my SureVacs from firing. I must remember to flip the temporary switch back to OFF so the actual switches are in control for normal planting. If in doubt, I can raise/lower the planter and the light should go ON/OFF.

The Ag Leader whisker switch on the frame is an alternative to using two button switches. Because it is a whisker type switch, the mounting can be done several ways. The Ag Leader switch has two branches. You use only one. One will be correct and the other backwards. Try one and if the action is backwards use the other. This has to do with whether the switch gets deflected when the planter is UP or if it gets deflected when the planter is DOWN.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)