AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Very Special Christmas Gift
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 12/29/2021 03:15 (#9404235 - in reply to #9403625)
Subject: RE: A Very Special Christmas Gift

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Cool story, my mother is an excellent seamstress! She also taught home economics in school as well as on university level extension work. I remember her Gingher scissors. They were off limits to us boys, she threated to murder us if we ever touched them. She did buy a pair for my brother and I to use, but no way in heck were we to touch hers. When I got married, mom gave a pair of Gingher's to my wife. I told my wife she must think a lot of you, to give you a pair of them. Your gift reminded me of when my father gave me a Boker pocketknife to castrate calves with. I couldn't believe dad took that time to go to a knife shop and purchase that for me. I plum wore that knife out sharping it over the years.

My mother was so glad when my brother had daughters, so mom could sew for those girls. She made many a prom dress, she also made my wife's wedding dress as well as my sis law's dress. My mother made me a set of wool western shirts for when I started college, I had a professor comment to me how could I afford wool shirts on a student's budget. He was impressed my mother made them, he thought they were Pendelton's.

Thanks for sharing the story.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)