AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A Very Special Christmas Gift
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Funacres Daughter
Posted 12/28/2021 18:58 (#9403625)
Subject: A Very Special Christmas Gift

Texas
Posting a little more personal content than usual for me with this post, but I wanted to share this.

Long before I was born, my parents grew tired of the obligation associated with Christmas gifts, so they decided to stop doing them.

Growing up, Santa was prohibited from sliding down our chimney, and while small gifts were usually considered ok, they were never expected. My parents didn’t want me to only think of Christmas from the commercialized gift getting standpoint. Instead, they would often buy me things throughout the year.

From the time I was old enough to know what sewing was until my late-teens, sewing was my favorite hobby. I was always eager to start another project, and Mom would often indulge my desire by taking me to a local fabric store and buying another project for me.

The fabric store carried Gingher Scissors. Gingher releases limited edition patterned scissors in their designer series, and one year I was especially fond of the design. I looked at the large pair of fabric cutting scissors a few times when I was getting a new project. I wanted them, but getting a new project always seemed more exciting. After all, I did have a pair of working scissors, even though they were nowhere near as pretty as the Ginger designer series ones.

Anyway, time continued to pass, the scissors sold and I continued my love of sewing until needlepoint replaced it as my favorite hobby in my late-teens. Eventually, the little fabric store closed, and I rarely gave Gingher scissors a thought.

One day this summer, Mom and I were chatting, and somehow the conversation ended up on Gingher scissors. I reminisced that I probably should have bought that pair years ago, and that I still thought that pattern was the prettiest Gingher had released. Mom was listening far more closely than I realized.

This Christmas, Mom gave me the Gingher scissors in the design that I loved in all three sizes. She remembered the pattern and was able to locate them. For someone who grew up without big Christmas gifts, this is definitely a Wow! and a very special one. I love the design as much as I did years ago, and probably appreciate having them even more.

I am greatly touched and appreciative of Mom gifting these to me. Definitely a wonderful and very special Christmas memory!

(IMG_1628 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1628 (full).jpeg (131KB - 333 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)