AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone use a skid steer blade attachment for backing tile?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Shortone
Posted 12/22/2021 07:18 (#9391793 - in reply to #9391454)
Subject: RE: Anyone use a skid steer blade attachment for backing tile?

Sw mn
I have a jd ct332. It is a large tracked skid loader. I use a grouser dozer blade on it. It works good. On the small trenches it is two passes one on each side. But the bigger trenches it takes a few more passed but works well also. I don't close the starter or hookups with it just level them out.

One thing to remember is the final drives are not very big and when pushing for hours they get very hot. Enough to burn the oil so I change the oil often since the final drives are very expensive.

Before the skid loader with dozer blade we just flipped our 3 point blade around and backed down the lines only doing one side at a time. That worked good also but usually have a sore neck .

A neighbor of ours has a older tandem disc. He flipped the gangs around so both the front and rear gang pull dirt to the center. His disc is about 12-14 foot and they pull it with a tractor with front and rear duals. One thing to remember with duals is large hard lumps will push in-between them then roll around and break valve stems off.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)